Alright everyone, we all know about NEW YEARS RESOLUTIONS. We’ve created them, been successful with them, and failed with them. Sometimes we’ve stuck to them for a day, sometimes through the entire year. The reason New Year’s resolutions seem to fail is that we try to make extreme life changes in too short of a time. I am here to tell you, you don’t have to make huge life changes to be successful in creating a healthier life! There are ways you can be successful in your New Year’s Resolutions and carry these resolutions on for a lifetime of health and wellness. Here are a few ways to be successful in your New Year’s Resolutions!
- Set small, achievable goals, along with goals you want to reach by the end of the year. Instead of setting goals such as “I’m going to eat only healthy foods,” try something like “I will eat healthy foods 10% more often than I currently am.”
- If you do set bigger goals that you want to achieve by the end of the year, make sure you have a plan to get there. For example, if you have a goal of eating whole foods 80% of the time by June 2023, evaluate where you are currently at, and set small goals to achieve that goal, such as “By February I will eat 50% whole foods,” and increase slowly each month until you reach your goal of 80%.
- Give yourself some grace if you slip up in reaching your goals. Don’t stop just because you have a slip up, instead, GET BACK TO IT! Be better the next day. Don’t dwell on past failures. You can still have future success. Think of it as “failing forward.” Learn from what derailed you from your goals and make adjustments going forward.
- Surround yourself with people who will help you achieve your goals! They say you’re an average of the 5 people you spend the most time with. Are these people helping you achieve your goals? If not, try and seek out like-minded people!
- Share your goals with others. It can be motivating to have others help you stay consistent with achieving your goals.
- Reward yourself and be proud of yourself for reaching your goals!
At Rejuv it is our goal to help everyone live their healthiest lives! We would love to help support you in achieving your goals for 2023!