Are you still wishing for flat, washboard abs?
Traditional crunches are old news, so let’s take your ab routine to the next level with the following Fat-Burning Ab Exercises. The most effective ab exercises strengthen your core as a whole –which helps prevent dreaded back pain, increases your agility and, of course, makes you look good.
In your new ab routine the focus is on quality over quantity. A few concentrated movements are always more effective than dozen and dozens of old fashion crunches.
1) Plank: When performed correctly, a simple plank is one of the most effective ways to tighten your entire core. Proper form is key. Keep your back flat and your belly button pulled in toward your spine.
Lie face down on mat resting on your forearms, palms flat on the floor. Push off the floor, raising up onto your toes and resting on your elbows. Keep your back flat, in a straight line from head to heels. Tilt your pelvis and contract your abdominals to prevent your rear end from sticking up in the air or sagging in the middle.
2) Mountain Climbers: This vigorous variation of a standard plank kicks the core tightening up a notch. Angling your knees toward the opposite shoulder is a wonderful way increase the intensity even more.
Place your hands wider than shoulder-width apart on the ground in a push-up position. Bring one knee to your chest and then back to the starting position, alternate each leg quickly.
3) Russian Twist: Nothing quite brings the burn like a properly done set of Russian Twists. By holding a medicine ball or dumbbell in your hands, the exercise becomes even more effective.
Sit on the floor with knees bent like in a “sit-up” position. The feet should be kept together and slightly off the floor. Keep your torso straight and your back off the ground at a 45 degree angle. Hold a medicine ball or dumbbell with both hands. Next, the arms should be swung from one side to another in a twisting motion, with each swing to a side counting as one repetition. Move slowly for a more challenging workout.
4) Knee Tucks: All too often I see people neglect their lower abs in favor of quicker, easier exercises. The fact is that our lower abs typically need the most work, so give them the attention that they need with these Knee Tucks.
Start on your back, bend your knees with your feet on the floor and knees touching. Extend both arms overhead on either side of your ears, palms facing up. Exhale and bring your knees up towards your chest. Slowly lower your hips back down to start position.
5) Side Bridges: In yet another variation of the fantastic plank, Side Bridges are much more challenging that they appear at first glance. While the focus is mainly on your waist, due to the stabilizing nature of this exercise, you’re also working your entire core as a whole.
Put your feet and legs together as you lie on your right side. Place your right arm under your body and lift your upper body so that your right elbow is directly under your shoulder. Your left hand should be resting on your left hip. From this position, slowly raise your hips from the ground until a straight line is formed from your ankles to your shoulders. Hold the position for a moment, slowly return to the starting position, and repeat.
Even the best exercise routine in the world is fruitless if you throw away your results with sloppy eating. Remember to keep your meals lean by avoiding processed carbs, packaged foods or fried items. Fill up on lean proteins and fresh vegetables and reward yourself with organic, seasonal fruit. That, my friend, is lean living!
Ready to take your fitness results to the next level? Call or email me today and we will get you started on an exercise program that’s designed to deliver massive results. Come on, you deserve it!
A Simple Mind Shift
Want to eat less without feeling deprived? This simple mind shift will help you do just that:
Instead of eating until you feel full, stop eating as soon as you are no longer hungry.
Frozen Dessert Bark
It’s important to have go-to healthy desserts to turn to when your sweet tooth strikes. Treats like this Frozen Dessert Bark will keep you from making regrettable food choices even in the face of ice cream cravings. Enjoy this sweet treat without guilt!
Here’s what you need…
• 2 cups unsweetened, Greek yogurt
• 1 teaspoon honey
• 10 drops liquid stevia
• 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
• 3 Tablespoons stevia-sweetened mini chocolate chips, divided
• 5 fresh strawberries, halved and sliced
• 2 Tablespoons unsweetened coconut flakes
1. Find a tray that fits in your freezer and line it with parchment paper.
2. In a medium bowl mix the yogurt, honey, stevia, almond extract and 1 Tablespoon of the chocolate chips.
3. Spread the mixture over the prepared pan to ½ inch thick. Sprinkle with the sliced strawberries, coconut flakes and remaining chocolate chips. Place in the freezer for 3 hours, until completely frozen.
4. Remove from the freezer and use a knife to break the dessert bark into pieces. Store in an airtight bag in the freezer. Enjoy!
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 87 calories, 3g fat, 25mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate, 1g fiber, and 8g protein
Why Health Coaching?
Health Coaching is a powerful tool that helps you to close the gap from dreaming your dreams to actually achieving them, moving you from where you are now in your life, to where you want to be in the future.
28 Day Challenge
Achieve Double-Digit Weight Loss, Drop Two Pant Sizes, in Just 28 Short Days!
Efficient Workouts, a Simple Eating Plan, and the Results You Deserve.
Back to School Specials!
- Purchase a package of 3 Acne Laser Treatments, and receive your choice of an Acne Clearing system FREE!
- Purchase a package of 3 Acne Peel Treatments, and receive a FREE 2 week supply of skin care products!
- Getting ready for back to school can be a real stressor! Relax with a 60 minute Massage and a Fire and Ice Facial for only $150!