If you’ve ever tasted packaged junk food (and who hasn’t) then you know just how addicting it can be. There’s a reason for this – the food companies actually formulate each bite for maximum craveability. This is done with a special tantalizing balance of sugar, fat and salt. But while junk food tastes pleasing…it’s detrimental to your fat loss results. Unclear on what exactly classifies as junk food? You’re not alone, especially these days as many junk foods are being deceptively marketed and packaged as healthy choices. Here’s the checklist on what classifies something as junk food:
- Junk food has little to zero nutritional value
- Junk food is processed and packaged
- Junk food is high in sugar, fat and salt
- Junk food is high in calories
- Junk food is rarely eaten out of hunger
- Soda pop, convenience foods, packaged snacks, frozen treats…
BONUS! Step #5…Join a Challenging Exercise Program
When you include exercise as a routine part of your day, your body shapes up quicker than ever and junk food cravings fade faster. I am the expert in body transformation, and I am here to get you from the body your currently have to the one that you KNOW you deserve. Call or email me today and we will get you started on the exercise program that will reshape your body once and for all!
Fiesta Bowl with BBQ Tofu
When it comes to your diet, small and steady changes made in the long term will make the biggest impact on your fat loss goals. Take this fiesta bowl, for example. We’ve taken a traditional burrito bowl and have lightened it up by using quinoa instead of rice. Feel free to top this flavorful bowl with chicken or steak, if you’d prefer rather than tofu. Enjoy! Servings: 12 Here’s what you need…
- 1 (14oz) extra firm tofu, pressed and sliced
- ¼ cup BBQ sauce
- 2 cups red quinoa, cooked
- 1 (15oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- ½ cup canned corn
- ¼ cup goat cheese, crumbled
- 2 Tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a casserole pan with olive oil. Arrange the tofu slices in a single layer in the pan and bake for 30 minutes, flipping each slice halfway through. Cover the tofu with the BBQ sauce, turning each slice to coat each side. Bake for 15 more minutes. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine all of the remaining ingredients, and top with slices of the BBQ tofu. Enjoy!
40 Day Weight Loss Challenge
Lose weight, get fit – and get the chance to win a FitBit Blaze!
Why Health Coaching?
Health Coaching is a powerful tool that helps you to close the gap from dreaming your dreams to actually achieving them, moving you from where you are now in your life, to where you want to be in the future.
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/t1YqVvvEGGM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<iframe width="470" height="264" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/bPbJHpSyQnc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<iframe width="470" height="264" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Z3c0itftFiA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>