Raise your hand if you’ve ever had a bad day and “treated yourself” to sugary or high-fat processed food!
Pizza…ice cream…chips…or whatever other food falls into your “self-soothing” category.
Stress eating is REAL.
Too much stress eating will derail your results. And even more importantly, it’s not good for your health. You can go from feeling GREAT and amazing making progress, but then BOOM! You get hammered by a busy time at work, a sleepless night, or a super hectic week.
And if you aren’t prepared ahead of time, the stress flood gates open – and it’s stress-eating central!
Here’s a quick rundown of why this matters – and what to do about it. You will probably recognize this stress eating cycle:
You get stressed, your cortisol levels rise, your metabolism slows, you crave sugar or other processed foods, your blood sugar rises and falls, you get more cravings…and on and on.
You need a plan BEFORE THIS HAPPENS to help avoid falling into that cycle.
When you notice yourself getting stressed:
- Take 5-10 minutes to sit quietly and focus on your breathing. Don’t fight any stressful thoughts that may pop up. Instead, just notice them and let them go.
- As soon as you have the chance, exercise. It prompts your body to release endorphins, which have natural stress-fighting properties.
- Go outside! Being in nature for just a few minutes is a proven stress buster.
- Keep a journal and focus on the positive things happening vs. the negative. This can shift your focus and lift your mood in a pinch.
- Eat something containing protein (the most satiating nutrient) at your next snack/meal.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you are chronically stressed and feel “stuck” or overwhelmed, reach out to our functional medicine providers to get help!
How Can We Help? Schedule Your Consultation.
LPN Malarie Talks About How Positive Affirmations Impact Health & Wellness
Studies have shown that there are major benefits to practicing daily positive affirmations. Our LPN, Malarie talks about using daily positive affirmations to reach your goals, calm your mind and nourish your spirit.
Tailored workouts and nutrition that’s right for you and your goals. Get A FREE Session…