THE “P” SHOT
How is the Procedure Performed?
- A numbing lidocaine cream is applied to the penis.
- A small amount of blood is drawn from the arm. Using a centrifuge, one of our doctors isolates platelets from that blood (platelet rich plasma, or PRP), all within about 15 minutes in the office. The platelets are then “activated” to release at least eight growth factors that would normally be used to heal injured tissue. These growth factors work like magic to cause increased collagen and new blood flow.
- The liquid is transferred into a syringe and injected into the penis (with a tiny needle) using a method that distributes the growth factors in the proper way.
- A penis pump is used for 15 minutes. We recommend the usage of a specific penis pump immediately after the injection and to continue with a specific schedule for a few weeks after the procedure.
The results of this safe, non-surgical 20-minute procedure are dramatic and long lasting.
*Most men will see their erections improve by 5-7 points on this scale. This means that you go up by an average of one point on each question.
Few things in medicine will work exactly the same for all people receiving the same treatment. *About 60% of men improve after the first P-Shot and approximately 85% are thrilled after their second P-Shot. It typically takes about 12 weeks to see the full effect, and some men may require a series of two or three P-Shots, spaced 8 to 12 weeks in between, to reach their desired potential.
Things that may cause the P-Shot to be less effective include:
- Lack of exercise
- Vascular disease
- Not using the penis pump, as prescribed, for at least six weeks
Is The P-Shot Right For You?
Enter For A Free Consult With Dr. Vilen