BioSCORE / BIA (Bioelectrical Impedance Analysis) / Metabolic Testing
BioSCORE, BIAs & Metabolic Testing are crucial pieces used in determining your:
- Overall health, lifestyle and fitness levels.
- Body composition and measurement of body fat in relation to lean body mass.
- Optimal caloric intake for achieving your weight loss goals.
- Number of calories burned during a workout session.
- Caloric intake range needed to maintain your weight once you’ve reached your weight loss goals.
More About BioSCORE Testing
What is a BioSCORE Test?
A BioSCORE fitness test looks at your current health, lifestyle and fitness level and helps determine the areas of improvement needed to improve your health, quality of living and overall life expectancy. Your BioSCORE Appointment Consists of Measurements / Calculations of the following:
- Blood Pressure
- Waist Circumference Measurement
- Total Cholesterol
- TC / HDL Ratio
How to Prepare For Your BioSCORE Test:
More About BIA (Bioelectrical Impedance Analysis) Testing
What is a BIA Test?
BIA testing is a method of assessing your body composition, the measurement of body fat in relation to lean body mass. It is an integral part of a health and nutrition assessment. Research has shown that body composition is directly related to health. What to expect at your BIA Appointment:
- Removal of any magnetic jewelry, therapeutic magnets, communication devices and cell phone.
- Removal of any objects from your wrist and hand.
- Removal of right shoe and sock or nylon stocking
The FDA has not cleared the BIA for patients who are pregnant or have an implanted electronic medical device (ex., pacemaker, implanted muscle stimulator). You MUST notify your technician of any of these conditions.
How to Prepare For Your BIA Test:
More About Metabolic Testing
What is a Metabolic Test?
A Metabolic Test will determine:
- The exact calories you should consume in order to achieve weight loss.
- An exact measurement of calories that are burned during 30 minutes of physical exercise.
- A targeted caloric intake number to maintain your weight.
What to expect at your Metabolic Testing Appointment:
- You will be invited to sit or recline in a comfortable position.
- A nose clip will be places on your nose.
- You will be given a MetaBreather mouth piece to breathe into. You will be breathing in fresh air from the room, but the gas that you breathe out will go through a tube into a metabolic analyzer to measure your metabolic rate.
- Make a nice seal with your lips around the mouthpiece to ensure that all the air you exhale will be analyzed..
- Relax! After about 10 minutes the device will beep, indicating it is finished.